Tuesday, June 24, 2008

5am Wake up call.......

Well I was not surprised today when someone was at my door at 515 this morning. Sorry to wake u my heater went out. Well........................off I went more fuel lite the heater ect. Then he wanted me to open the galley for him or let him go to the point. I guess he dosen't realize that......hey.....................some of us have to get some sleep...........It gets better. Today at dinner the cook anita..........she tells everyone at her table that I am on a 30 day trial period and I am going home. I was able to correct a few people. To let them know my contract was for 30 days. Who the HELL tells people that. A few of them are allready mad beacuse we have been weathered in. But come on...............Whatever. I have to let it go....................................I did 14 laps on the beach with one bucket in each hand full of gravel. I brought up enough for one base of the fuel tank. We still have another one to do.. But, as in alaska we have a big weather system over us right now the winds have been between 17-21ph most of the afternoon. With rain and it's 41 out. So I am sure somewhere in there is a windchill factor. The weather is supposed to be crappy until friday with high winds. The planes can not fly with the winds over I believe 15 don't quote me. Of course the ceiling is a factor also. It was at 600 feet earlier I think it is even lower now. So there are alot of unhappy campers....The weather is supposed to get worse again over the weekend. So I may be leaving camp early with the window of opportunity. I don't want to leave early. Here is the reason why.......last year a large group was stranded here 10 days because of the weather.......I don't want that to happen..........................yikes........Well I am going to sign off tonite. It is going to be a long nite with the wind. Till tomorrow keep you heaters light and don't wake your camp assistant at 5 am that is if u really know what's good for you
till tomorrow.........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"s

No comments: