Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm having BEAVER tonite!!

Wow it's SUMMER maybe where u all are but it's 1030 bright sun and 42 degrees. The sun will not set where I am at tonite. It will just do a blip and be right back at us again. How amazing.
Today was a busy day in camp. We had a bear overnite dig up our drainwater pipe. So that was the project for me and to re-grade the creek that it goes into. I also brought up buckets of stones from the beach for the walkways'. Nutered the pushkie. Thats a long story but the plant can cause one to have blisters and other fun things. Chop wood and my daily camp rountine. We have a full camp right now. Boy am I tired. All the employees went to bed early. But before I did I made a TOGA with my sheet and said I thought we were having a summer solstice party. Not they laughed and laughed. Up here there are parties and parades and evening baseball. Plus being that it falls on a sat. I am sure there are more outings tonite.

I saw 2 mom's on the beach 3 cubs total. Also a nice big male cub was walking down the beach simyra walked me down to get some great shots as he went by. She got to fly over to the whale kill again.10 bears feeding. Wow the pictures were amazing.

So As my last week approaches I am sad and happy. With a full camp it's alot of work. Time goes by fast. Naps are few. But I have to remember what ruth said on the cruise. I am here look what I am doing. Who can say I have done this and have been here. This has been truly amazing. It is quite a thing. Not foreveryone though. But, have I made everyone laugh though.

Okay so what's with the beaver heading. Well Bill who owns a lodge away's flew over today and said they was a male bear diving into the beaver's lodge. I could only think in his mind. Screw the grass I'M HAVING BEAVER TONITE!!! The water is too deep to see them from here.

Also we were greeted at breakfast outside the galley window by a unkown mother and cub. They were about 150 feet away just munching on the grass. I didn't get a good shot since my camera was in the cabin. It was very cool to start the day out that way. Also the bear whom we suspect dug up the huge drain pipe was back in the creek tonite. Fannie chased him off I hope he won't be back because I will be doing the digging again.

Allright I am a chatter bug this evening. One finale note. In life it dosen't matter what we do as long as we are happy. If we are truly happy then that is all that matters. So screw sally who thinks I am crazy for this adventure. Wait till she hears I may be back next year. :)

Allright the the grizzly man need's his zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's nite all

No comments: