Friday, June 20, 2008

Bear camp diaries...................

TGIF..............Happy friday everyone. My last post was after midnite. Sorry. Time flies when u are playing with the bears. Cold here today in the low 40's the sun made a brief appreance around my nap time. I cabin then turns into an easy bake oven. YIKES
We had new campers arrive today. I was down on the beach so many times I felt like I was working at an airport. Tomorrow only 2 then no one on sunday.

Just one lonely bear on the beach today. He seemed so small after last nites adeventure. Wow what a treat that was. The wind is howling here right now. It is still really bright out at alomost 11 pm. Our nitely staff laugh meeting ended early since u know me I have been keeeping them up late with lot's of laughs. Alot of single men in camp tonite. Lynn u would be a happy bear camper right now.

Just a thought..........When u are on vacation. Sitting at the dinner table with 10 other people. Do u think it impolite to say the F word in the middle of your discussion. Well some crazy new york lady who left today did. She was just ANGRY at the world. Give new yorkers a bad name.

Well no skid marks tonite. But I discoverd the PEE on the floor I went to use the bathroom before taking my shower and geeeeeeeze my shorts were soaked. Yes some guy had used the floor instead of the toilet. Give me a break. I bet he didn't even wash his hands!!

It is truly amazing the ALL WALKS OF LIFE that we encouter here everyday. One of our bush pilots. She had a great hat. She gave it to me!! The alaskan hospitality. The people up here love people and the luv what they do. The warmth and the taking the time to sit and talk and listen.
I think through dinner tonite I drifted off. I don't know how many time I said. HMMMM that's nice. yes yes ..hmm hmhm...I could give a rats behind about what the 3 people said. But it made them feel good to think that I am actually listening. Unlike waiting tables u cant geat AWAY. We have to be nice and nice and laugh at the corny jokes. If I hear one more BROKE BACK MOUNTIAN joke...............AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH.... But as I must I will laugh like it was the first time to make them feel special.

Oh did I tell everyone We had a BRITISH couple come in. They wanted money back from there 2nite tour beacuse we woke them up for breakfast. We made the watch us tow the oil barrels in and they didn't like that I was almost naked in the ocean. They said that we took away from there bear viewing time. But they left 100 buck tip. Simyra said that a small amount of people will ask for there money back.

I didn't see any bears.......They weren't close enough.....................I want a refund.......FREAKS!!

Okay on that note..................time for bear ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

No comments: