Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday the 13th......Lot's of bears and foxy


Well HI everyone............Hope all is well and still HOT in the lower 48. We were up to a balmy 50 degrees today. I am still working on my tan. Lot's of bear action in camp today. A big ole bear went down the beach as we were working. Also foxy the fox was just hanging around. I think he is lonely without timothy treadwell in town. I was not there but the folks here got to see ROSIE sleeping on a log with her two cubs snuggling with her down on the beach. CURSES.
We had a lot of work to do at camp today. 6 leave tomorrow weather permitting they were weatherd in today. Then 3 arrive. So the camp slave mode. ME kicks in lot's to see and do.
Simyra the owner and I walked 10 laps from themailbox down to the edge of the water on the beach. We are going to do it everyday. She want's my belly gone. Not much time soon it will be 2 weeks and I will be voted off the island.

Speaking of that Fannie comes back tomorrow..... Not to walk around though. Phil the guide in training. He didn't get voted of he will be back tomorrow. Me they won't let me leave.

When I knock on the cabin door's when guests are in them I say ROOM SERVICE.. Simyra justlaughs. But, that is what it's about here. I was longing for home today..........But, when I leave I know it will be the reverse. No contact with the outside world. No tv.radio.bush, ect.

I do have some news I am off to LONDON in feb for a week with hallo bay working a big travel show there. All expenses paid. How great is that. Tonite I was given my options for next year asst/cook/or bear guide...........no camera for the bear guide.........at 250 a day plus tips......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I guess I must be working out. Most people in the camp asst position last a week. They should just wait tables and they would last a year out here. Even bringing the lumber in from the beach.

As someone said the other day. What do u have to worrie about you are HERE!!

On that note. A very busy day at camp I must be up at 7 and won't be to bed until 11.

Till tomorrow...............................................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: