Monday, June 16, 2008

Balmy 55 :)

Today seemed a little different then the others. We were waiting for a boat to arrive with 2 hugs tanks to hold fuel. Well only in alaska could the boat leave yesterday and then never show up and will not even answer it's radio calls. The owner's are not to happy. ME on the other hand. The thought of having to swim out to the boat is a little...................welllllllllllllll.......$#@%!!!
Yes they want me to wade thru 6 foot water. I would call that swimming where I come from. Yes there are low swimming sharks around here too. NO NO NO so the guide offered to do it. Then the sun came out. I was hoping to get a picture of me on the beach in the water with my swim trunks out. To send to my friends. Come on in the water is fine!!!!

Well more action around camp. The camp cook. Whom by the way cannot cook. Who puts york pepermint patties in brownies with nuts. She is a NUT. Well she is being voted off the island. She wants to have a fully stocked fire going with the windows during the day. Lady has no clue. I have to go down to the beach use a chainsaw then pull it in a cart up a hill then chop it stack it just so she can keep her pretty little ass warm!!! We are at bear camp in alaska. This is not your living room. Well needless to say other employee's chimed in. Meltdowns began. She will be gone by next week. But have u ever had a breakfast quesidellia sorry if i mis spelled. BUT mad OUT OF EGG no tortilla shell...........................................................or bacon in you green beans. OR pork loain roasted nicely then sliced and deep fried...........................................and she will not make cookies for anyone. Or meatloaf that was so undercooked up needed a spoon to eat it with. OR bacon at breafast the was RAW..........................okay that pushed me over the edge.......There I feel better I was ready to come home today.

BUT U know what. I am better than her. I am sorry If she is not happy with me. That I get to entertain everyone in the eve. She seem's to forget there is a really sharp AX in camp and chris know's how to USE IT. get thehint. So watch CNN this week to make sure I am not on there.

I Will be back next year. So I don't know where the winter vacation will be. I will need a warm place before heading up here next summer.

John and Ruth will have to come on vacation!!! Hi ruth. I will call u when I get home after july 4th. I still miss u. :(
also anne and anne and all my crusie friends and my travel buddies u know who u are. It was a rough day at hamp 8 fule barrels came in weighing 120lbs all came up from the beach. They made it!!!

No bears today.. Word must be out in the woods that a big man with a camera and a BEARD is telling them not to come into camp. Yes I have not shaved for over 2 weeks now and won't until I leave camp. Very alaskan.

So on a finale note. There is a story of some back country people whom were weatherd in. They ran out of food . They ate a leaf they thought to be safe from a poisonis spelled wrong TREE. well 5 of the 6 did. It only takes 10 min to die after eating this plant. The 5 person was tryin to throw it up before he started to convulse and ...............died......the last person watched his 5 friends die over an hour..........So when in alaska don't even eat the plants. Even when they are called things like BEACH GREENS , BEACH PEAS sounds great but don't put the dressing on or stir fry em.........................because u will go home in a box or in a bears belly!!!

Till Tomorrow............................wonder if the boat will show hmmmmmmmmm

No comments: