Monday, June 9, 2008

Beaver Fever!!



Well I knew that would get your attention. Apparently the beavers have left the area or they were someones snack! In alaska there is such a thing as beaver fever. It's caused by moose droppings in a stream and then we drink it and get very sick. See you learned something today.

Me welllllllllllll it was a busy day at camp. Cleaning cabins 3, toilets 2, 2 showers, more wood, installing some heaters, Then the camp mgr fell and sprained her ankle. Well my nap time was blown to hell in a handbasket. I had to take over for her today. I cooked dinner for all the guests and desert and also did all the dishes. Dinner was great I will not let out what I made but it was 5 courses. Ahhhhhhhhh the pressure.

After dinner I did dishes for 30 min then headed down to the point. It is the area at the end of camp where the mail box is. It was a clear beautiful day here today and you could see 40 miles across the ocean to KENAI what a VIEW!!!! I sat out there hoping a bear would come and keep me company or make me go %$#!! my pants alone. Just kidding.
TACOS

Today was very challenging. The owners are back in homer and there are 2 guides here and the guests If somethin goes wrong and you are 150 miles from people welllllllllll you are stuck. Fannie had a swollen ankle and luckily I have been thru the same thing. No walking for her for awhile. How about a RAISE!!! no such luck. I am the camp assistant. But, I think of our friend ruth in NYC and think of how she would just say. Who could say they did that!! I miss ruth.
Too all my friends and family out there thankyou for the support. I feel like I am at an AA meeting. I an babbling. That's what happens when u don't get your daily nap. I miss everyone and think of you often. To my cruise friends reading this. Big hugs.
Well we have a small plane bringing in cargo hopefully at 630am tomorrow. Or else food will be low. Just kidding. till tuesday nite peace

No comments: