Sunday, June 15, 2008

Big MOMMA in camp with 3 cubs!!!

Well hello.............what a day. Our 6 campers were weathered in till 5 pm today. So I got to go Hiking. Off to an amazing place called the crowspatch!!! it's one of the few areas in the region that is sub artic. Wow the tiny little plant's and the bog like area. It was just amazing. The plants that grow there are only in these areas.................

Well you were are all waiting for the BEAR to come thru camp. Well a really BIG mom with 2 cubs were playing in camp for about 15 min today. I was alone handling the situation since everyone was out in the field. YES ME with my radio camera and bear flares. She didn't even know I was there. She decided she want to pass by a cabin. We she finally saw me. She for some reason wasn't bothered by my scent. Maybe I need a shower it had been 2 days!! Well onward she approached. I said "oh crap........yes oh crap.......hi bear .............nice bear..........she looked and me..........looked again........felt like an hour. No I didn't shit my pant's!!!! thank she turned around and hopped thru some brush I have a picture of her BUTT..........sorry my life was more important. She looked really rought like she had a hangover. She still has her winter fur. Then her cubs came out and ran down thru the woods with her.

BEAR BUTT
IT was later that I discoverd the cubs were playing in the employee cabin area. I played with the outside of my cabin claw marks on my sides. And took my bungee cord......................hmmm
So I was on bear patrol for awhile to make sure anita the cook and I were safe. I wish she would have come right thru camp. I would of had the most amazing pictures............NEXT TIME
So .................lot's of laughs new people tonite.............phil and fannie are back from town.
Oh that wood that came in the other day...........1600 pounds............................YES THAT MUCH
Well tomorrow a boat is bringing..................2 huge tanks.............for oil..............900 and i think they said 4oo...I will let u know tomorrow.........
goodnite....it's actually dusk now.........and momma bear is sleeping in town............so I have to be careful........she is spending her nites.................by our cabins...

nite..........

No comments: