Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday in camp

Wow tomorrow will be a week since I have made the long journey to Alaska. How fast the time goes by when the sun sets for 3 hours a day right now. It's now 11pm and the birds are chirping away. Well Chopping wood is not my forte. BUT----- I did ALOT today enough for the whole month of june. That is saying alot. We will be bringing washed up cedar wood tomorrow and using the chain saw. Can someone say.........watch out witches Iknow how to use a chainsaw. I am looking forward to the camp being filled with people this week. We have been only have 2 guests at a time right now. Very private for them. I am pooped it was 58 and sunny all day. My beard continues to grow. I am not shaving. Yes just call me ole' griz.

Right now there is a huge SKEETER buzzing aroung me. about 3 inches long. I don't know how these buggers live up here but they luv to eat!!!!

I don't know if I am loosing weight up here. Fannie's cooking is amazing. Give that women 45 min and she has a 5 course meal. I think we all could learn from her.

Well hopefully we will see some bears tomorrow. But, now that the grass is avail. to eat it will mean tidal flats for them at low tide eating clams and grass at high tide. So far the older bears have made it through the winter.

Simyra the owner went to the whale carcus today. The whale which is smaller than a grey whale had 15 bears on it and napping in the area. All happy with a full belly. AMAZING I can't wait to see the pictures.

Well my lower 48 friends I must sign off. Ruth if u are reading. Hello back in NY. Have some ice cream for me.

till tomorrow.

ps I guess allie the pupp ate my passport today. I was going to bring it with me. YIKES

No comments: