Monday, June 30, 2008

The Meadow AND me THE GUIDE FOR THE EVE!!

Well Hello all my friends all over the globe whom have been reading this daily. Jen and Andy have a great time in glaicer snow or not!!! Okay.....So it was a very busy day in camp....NO NAP early frieght flight at 8 am lots of fuel...........Then symira came back to camp with 2 of her best friends. Well was I in for a treat. They are witter than me. If u all know what I mean. So I went to the meadow on a private tour with them for 4 hours. WOW we basically spent 2 hours in from of a bear john and I saw last year and her year old cub. WO W WOW WOW they were 9.5 feet from me most of the time.   

 We measured. The pictures were amazing!!! I was tooooooooo close ...I filled the memory card in one hour..............Then we came home.............it was a sunny day in the meadow..dinner was allready for us. Then her friends had such fun with chris go figure. They wanted to play a trick on me. I was the GUIDE tonite. For all 3. We could not get to the meadow till I answered all the questions about the plants ect. I was the leader down the beach and thru nancy's trail. With my BEAR FLARE in hand. symari did not pull her's out. I was in charge of the radio. Then I had to finds the bears to see and find a safe place to sit. WOW. rosie was napping with her 2 2.5 year old cubs on the flats since it was soo hot. Then 3 sub adults bears...............whom are 5-6 but live together and play together till it's time to grow up.......came into the area..........WHAT A SHOW!!!! Then I ran out of memory ....And the battery



DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then her friends had another task. I had to find wildlife for them.....and take pictures............ and back thru nancys meadow I had to find 2 plant's that only simyra knew where in bloom but not in the flower books....................I FOUND BOTH!!!!! She was blown away because the other guides could not find them..........She waid I was great. If I loose more of my wieght next year I will be a guide at HALLO BAY for the summer. I know there is no cameras!!! But what an adventure...............So tomorrow is my last day. Since I had this big hurrah.............I am soo relaxed .........I am very sad to leave. BUT it has been alot of work..28 day's I will have been here come tuesday.. Tomorrow I have to pack it all up.......But there is one problem.......we have a BIG storm system off to the west over the bering sea. It is not supposed to get here till wed. BUT in alaska the weather u can no predict till u get up the next morning...........especially with the bush pilots.....................
I am going to get some sleep..................I will fill u in more tomorrow..Missing u all...........but not the lower 48................bear ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

No comments: