Friday, June 20, 2008

BEARS and CUBS oh my!!



Well Hello everyone out there in the lower 48. It was 55 and sunny all day. I still have been working on my tan. Since most of my day is spent outside. The camp cook is still here. Her replacement will take awhile. Long story with that one. Honest that is a whole other blog. Well lot's of work to be done here at hallo bay today. Since camp is still full. Some great campers are leaving tomorrow. We will be getting 4/5 in the big changeover is monday 8 in and 8 out. Alot of cabins to look like the hilton hotel. I know our friend ellen is just dying to sleep out here. I would put a mint on her pillow but a bear would probably eat her. Well I am ammmmmmmmmmmmm sooooooooooooo tired today. Today was the big day. Even with my 2 hour nap.

THE MEADOW it's 1.5 miles waling from camp to the meadow. Simyra the owner and I did it in 25 min. I guess I am getting in shape. It was just her and I on a private tour. How cool is that. There are 4 guys here now paying an additonal 1000 bucks a day for a private guide. WOW!!!

We sae rosie and her 2 cubs they are 2 years old next summer she will kick them out of the house. I learned tonite that for 3-5 years after they will stay together the cubs and den together till they reach mating machurtiy. hope I spelled that right. Anyhow. Very interesting. There was another mom with a cub. No one knew her. They came within 20 feet of us. Some of the pictures came out a little blurry. I was excited. Seemed odd being there without my friends and travel buddies. Sorry guys. You were there is spririt. I was a little teary eyed. Hey I am getting paid to do this for crying out loud. There was also a male courting a female in the meadow they were going at it. Quite interesting. I guess he will follow her for up to 2 weeks. Then she will have another court her. I gues she may be the meadow floozy. Like alot of the women I work with back home. Name will not be mentioned no or my views or the views of the blog in anyway meant to hurt, harm, oh bite me..................

But tonite Was magical. Wait till you see the pictures. We have been having such great weather here. I have one pair of shorts for camp. Yes I have done laundry the old fashioned way with a tub and a plunger............Then hang them on the line....................cool......... Hopefully the weather will hold out..10 days left. I won't mention it again till we have 5. It will be very emotional for me to leave this magical place. That most well 99 percent of the people in the world they just don't get it.

Well the barrels are up from the beach with a NOVAJACK and some pushing with 4 people. We are going to build a stand and roll them thru camp.

Well my friends....................the grizzly adams needs to sleep.................till tomorrow nite..
Yest the beard is really long....

Till tomorrow ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: