Sunday, June 22, 2008

I was almost sunday dinner for the bear!!

Wow what a day it has been around here. The rain moved in and the winds finally kicked up. Over 15mph now which means 20-25 on the beach. Everyone went to bed early and are all neslted in their cabins. Well me I am typing to all of U. Yes your welcome. Today we had another bear in camp. Well more like he wanted me. I must have filled out the dating requirements online. YIKES. So here goes...................I was out walking from the point to the ocean's edge. down the hill and the stair like in the picture on the web page. On lap 3 I stopped to bend over to ties my boots. I get almost down the first hill and look back and WOW there he is I was I think his planned sunday dinner!!! He was at least 900lbs. What a beauty......no camera since I was doing my nitely walk.............and I moved down the other stairs to the sand on the beach and he just keep watching me.......the started chatting his teeth.....and that's when I called fannie to come down to the point. A few minutes had passed and I was like CRAP...........................especially he had the advantage. A HUGE bear and I was down hill. Maybe is was the pumkin pie or ham I had for dinner. Or my big rump roast he wanted. Well ol' grizz watched me and came down the hill.....and off into the sand...as fannie approached. I was able to get up the hill and get apicture of him in the distance.............had I of had the camera around my neck. Which I will from now on!!!
I would of had the best pictures ever with the hallo bay mail box in the background!!!!!!!
So..................I am alive.................and the bears are really horny right now.......and hungry.....YIKES................I think he was more lynn's type. Lynn get on the next plane and take care of these bears. So there I have the stalker bear who wanted my ass for sunday one way or another. Just another story to tell and live through.
Well it's cold and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. We may have 8 stranded campers. IF the winds are over 12 they don't fly. The plane will flip and I don't think the people flying back would enjoy the inflight snacks to much. Well till monday I will keep u posted thankyou all for who keep reading my nitely rants. PS the cook is still here ............I don't know whats she's cooking but I have to eat...................
from bear camp..........have a great ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

1 comment:

Ishmael said...

Wow, sounds like you're having all sorts of great adventure over there! As long as those bruins have something else to eat, that is....

Cheers!

Ish,
Kodiak